12 x To 18 jumbo shrimp
1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds (pepitas in Mexican markets)
1 sm Onion, cut into chunks
3 x Garlic cloves
1/2 bn Fresh cilantro, leaves only
1 lrg Tomato, peeled, cut into chunks
3 x To 4 dried hot chilis *
1 x Red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
4 tbs Olive oil
Clam juice, if needed
Juice of 1 lemon
* Such as pequin, coarsely crushed (or 1 or 2 fresh chiles, such as jalapeno or Serrano, coarsely chopped, with the seeds, if you like your food hot)
* Clean, peel and devein the shrimp. Set aside.
To make the sauce
Prepare the pumpkin seeds first.If they are unroasted,put them in a heavy skillet with out oil or butter and toast them for a few minutes until they are crackly but not browned.
* Put them in a food processor or blender and reduce to a fine powder.
* Add the onion,garlic,cilantro,tomato,chilies,bell pepper,coriander seeds, and salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
* Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet, add the pureed pumpkin seed mixture, and cook gently for a few minutes, stirring from time to time, until it is well blended. If too thick, stir in a little clam juice; if too thin, continue to cook until it is reduced to the desired consistency.
* Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet, add the shrimp, and saute over moderate heat until just beginning to turn pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan to a heated platter.
* Add the sauce to the pan. Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning. Return the shrimp to the pan, turning to coat them with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- lebanese shrimp recipe
- lebanese shrimp
- lebanese shrimp recipes
- Arabic shrimp recipe
- lebanese prawn recipes
- arabic shrimp recipes
- lebanese prawns
- arabic prawn recipe
- lebanese recipes with shrimp