200 gm bunch flat leaf parsley trimmed of thick stalks
85 gm bulgar (coarse cracked wheat) picked over
4 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
75 x mm piece of cucumber peeled and diced
3 x shallots or 1 medium red onion diced
3 x spring onion finely chopped
3 sm tomatoes (about 200g) peeled and diced
1/2 x green or red sweet pepper diced
For the vinaigrette:
1 x juice of 2 lemons
3 x tbsp olive oil
1 x salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Rinse the bulgar and soak in hot water for 20 minutes.
* Drain well and roll it in a kitchen towel in order to get rid of excess moisture.
* Place it in a bowl.
* Chop the parsley by hand not too finely but not coarsely either it should have some texture in it and should not be a liquidized green mush.
* Add it to the bowl with all the other ingredients and mix everything together.
* Cover and chill lightly.
* Half an hour before serving beat together the lemon juice with seasoning to taste.
* Then add the oil and beat until smooth.
* Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well in order to coat everything in it.
* Taste and adjust the seasoning and add some more lemon juice if necessary.
* Turn out on a platter to serve.
* The predominant color of the salad should be green.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- lebanese parsley salad
- lebanese parsley salad recipe
- mediterranean parsley salad recipe
- arabic parsley salad
- lebanese potato salad with parsley
- lebanes parsley salad