1 lb lamb cubed
1 lb whole okra fresh or frozen
1 x onion chopped
4 tbs butter
2 x fresh tomatoes peeled, sliced (or 4 to 6 canned tomatoes)
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3 tbs tomato paste
3 cup water
1 x garlic clove minced
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbs lemon juice
* In a Dutch oven, lightly brown the meat and onion in the butter. If you’re using fresh okra, cut off their stems, add them to the pot, and fry gently for a few minutes. Mix in the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add tomato paste, then stir in water.
* Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, then simmer for at least an hour – so the meat is very tender. Add more water, if necessary.
* When you’re 10 minutes away from serving, add the frozen okra (if you’re using instead of the fresh). Then, in a separate pan, crush the minced garlic with a little salt and fry it in a tablespoon of butter with the coriander until the garlic begins to smell sweet.
* When ready to serve, stir the garlic mixture and the lemon juice into the soup and ladle into bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- lebanese okra recipe
- okra stew arabic
- Okra Stew (Arabic Recipe)
- lebanese okra
- lelonese stewed okra
- okra recipes lebanese cuisine
- recipe lebanese okra with rice