- Lebanese Food Recipes - https://lebaneserecipes.org -
Lebanese Meat Loaf
Posted By admin On April 22, 2008 @ 10:10 pm In Meat | No Comments
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cup coarsely-chopped onions
1 lb ground lean (7% fat or less) beef or lamb
1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt – (about)
1/3 cup chopped parsley
Black peppercorns as needed
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
* Place bulgur in a fine strainer and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
* In a food processor, finely chop the onions. Add beef, 1/2 cup water, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whirl until mixture is a smooth paste.
* Add bulgur and 1/4 cup parsley; whirl just to mix.
* Pat meat mixture evenly into a shallow 1- to 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cut through meat mixture to make diamonds 2 to 3 inches wide. Place a peppercorn in the center of each diamond.
* Bake, uncovered, in a 425 degree oven until meat is no longer pink in center (cut to test), about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and add salt to taste.
* To serve, cut diamonds apart and accompany with yogurt.
Article printed from Lebanese Food Recipes: https://lebaneserecipes.org
URL to article: https://lebaneserecipes.org/lebanese-meat-loaf/
Copyright © 2008 Lebanese Recipes. All rights reserved.