Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 8 oz dried chickpeas, soaked in water over night
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 large orange
- 3-4 tbsp. tahini
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- pitta bread
- 1 tbsp. olive oil & 1 bunch fresh chopped cilantro, to garnish
Drain the chickpeas and place them in a pan with plenty of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours until soft. Drain the chickpeas, reserving a few spoonfuls of the liquid, and discard any loose skins. Place the chickpeas and liquid into a blender or food processor and blend until it forms a thick paste. Add the olive oil, garlic, orange juice, and tahini, and blend thoroughly. Season to taste.
Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle a little oil over the top. Sprinkle with a little cilantro and serve with warm pitta bread.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Lebanese Hummus Recipe
- lebanese hummus
- lebanese secret hummus recipes