1 x leg of lamb, ground course with fat and bone removed (about 4 1/2 pounds)
1 stk margarine, melted (add more if needed)
1 x chicken breast or chicken neck or 2 wings to make broth for meat (you can also use canned chicken broth)
1/4 cup snobar (pine nuts)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup washed rice
*All spices can be altered slightly to taste, but be very careful not to use too much cinnamon and allspice
* Saute the lamb meat with butter for 10 minutes
* Boil 1 chicken breast or chicken neck or 2 wings to make broth for meat – use enough water to cover chicken – about 3 cups Can also use canned chicken broth,Set broth aside.
* Add 1/4 cup snobar (pine nuts) to lamb and let simmer Add 1/2 tsp salt,1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp allspice (all spices can be altered slightly to taste,but be very careful not to use too much cinnamon.
* & allspice)
* Let simmer for 20 minutes; keep stirring.
* Add 1/2 cup washed rice,Mix with meat for 10 minutes (continue to let it simmer) Now add 1 3/4 cup broth;reserve remaining broth in case you need more.Keep checking until rice is cooked. Stir occasionally.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- hushwee recipe
- chicken hushwee
- chicken hushwee recipe
- Lebanese Hushwee Recipe
- lamb hushwee recipe
- Lebanese Hushwee