1 lb Dried chick peas or fava beans, called garbanzo also
1 med Onion diced
1 med Potato, peeled, and diced
1/4 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Ground black pepper
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Ground cumin
1. inspect and rinse the chick peas or fava beans. Then soak, in cold water,. for 24 hours in the refrigerators.
2. Drain the peas or beans. Then put everything, except baking soda into a food processor. Blend until moderately smooth.
3. Put the mixture into a covered bowl and let sit for 2 or 3 hours. When ready to coo, mix baking soda.
4. Shape 1/2 cup amounts into round patties. Then fry, in a lightly oiled pan, or broil/bbq until cooked all the way through.
5. Serve with whole grain bread, tomatoes, lettuce and sliced cheese.
Replace the onion with green pepper, shape the patties into cylinders, and have “VEGI DOGS”
Incoming search terms for the article:
- arabic vegetable burger
- Grilled chicken vegetable lebanese recipe
- harra sauce
- Lebanese Vegetable Recipes
- lebanese vegetarian burgers