Beets and horseradish combine to make a wonderful earthy pair. This salad is delightful after a day or two of marinating so try to prepare accordingly.
Makes 4 servings. Prep: 1 hr, largely unattended plus marinating time.
- 1 lb beets, washed
- One 2″ piece fresh horseradish, peeled and grated, or 1 tbs prepared
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs corn, grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 tbs white or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs minced fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Put the beets, still wet, in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Bake until soft, about 45 minutes then remove and allow them to cool before peeling and slicing into 1/2″ rounds.
Whisk together all remaining ingredients except chives, until creamy. Toss with beets then taste and adjust seasoning. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, garnishing with chives at serving time.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- lebanese appetizers
- Beet Salad With Chives (Salatat Shamandar)
- lebanese beet salad