1 1/2 cup navy beans, soaked overnight in
8 cup water
3 tbs olive oil
2 med onions,chopped
3 x cloves garlic,crushed
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro, leaves only
1 med carrot,finely chopped
1 lrg potato,cut into 1/2″ cubes
3 lrg tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp allspice
* Place the beans and their soaking water in a large pot and cover; then cook over a medium heat for about an hour or until the beans are cooked but still firm.
* In a frying pan, saute the onions, garlic, and coriander in the oil, stirring constantly until they begin to brown.
* Add contents of the frying pan and the remaining ingredients to the beans.
* Simmer until the vegetables are tender. Serve.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- Syrian bean soup
- lebanese bean soup
- syrian soup recipes
- lebanese bean soup recipe
- Arabic bean soup
- syrian bean soup recipe
- Syrian lima beans